This week will herald the launch of the "Guardians of the Galaxy" movie in the Philippines, a galaxy-spanning space opera about a ragtag band of misfits who, it can be assumed, save the galaxy. Space operas such as "Star Wars" have always been popular in the Philippines, but few such stories have come *from* the Philippines.
"Mythspace" is one of the stories that seek to change that. For those who haven't been reading the story here on the site, Mythspace tells a space adventure story grounded in Filipino culture. It re-imagines the monsters of our folklore -- the kapre, the manananggal, the bakunawa, to name a few -- as alien civilizations, vying for supremacy in the galaxy.
For the next two weeks, we invite you to see what a Philippine Space Opera can be.
(2) Get a Limited-time Bundle of the first 5 Mythspace issues -- with new art not just for Lift Off #1, but #2 and Devourers of Light as well -- for 80 pesos (US$1.99)! From Flipreads or Buqo or Gumroad ;
(3) The launch next week of Unfurling of Wings #1 (we divided the print issue into 2);
(4) The availability of our titles on Gumroad;
(5) An update every day until Thursday for the Mythspace webcomic on the site, for those who'd rather read #1 here;
(6) And for those who'd like to embed Mythspace #1 on their blogs, simply use this code:
<iframe src="http://storylark.ph/titles/mythspace-lift-off/lift-off/embed" name="Lift Off" width="800" height="490" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe>
We hope you enjoy both Marvel's space opera and our own this week. Please help us spread the word!